9.21.2009

Copycat Recipe: Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno

Creamy Jalapeno. This is the first thing I ask for when I go to Chuy's Tex Mex Restaurant, maybe even before actually sitting down at the table. According to history, Mexican royalty used to bathe in this stuff. Okay not really, but I've thought about it myself, it's that good. It's great with chips or as a salad dressing or anything!

Here's a copycat recipe and I hope you'll try it!

3/4 c mayonnaise
3/4 cup milk
1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 4-oz can green chilies
3/4 c pickled jalapeno peppers (slices)
3 T cilantro
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lime juice

Mix mayo, milk and ranch.
Use a food processor to chop the chilies, jalapenos, and cilantro
Mix in the last 3 ingredients into the jalapeno mixture.
Then combine the two mixtures (ranch and jalapenos).
Refrigerate for at least an hour.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment! Check back soon for my reply!