Ginger Chili Paste
This is a staple ingredient in many Indian foods. It's easy to make and lasts forever!
recipe by rabbitmom
1 cup Serrano peppers chopped into thirds
1/2 cup green finger chilies chopped into thirds
1/4 cup ginger chopped into small cubes
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree.
2. Line a small shallow dish with saran wrap and pour mixture into the lined dish.
3. Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Gently remove the liner from the pan from freezer and cut the frozen paste into chunks. (1" x 1" x 1/2" is a good approximation but don't let the measurements stress you out)
5. Empty all of the cubes in a Ziploc freezer bag. Use one or two chunks as needed and defrost before adding to the recipe.
Uses: Handvo, Dhokla, Asian stir frys, Szechuan green beans, Curries, etc.