12.16.2010

Recipes for Christmas Menu

Thanks for the comments on the last post!

A special shoutout goes out to my flexitarians and those trying to change their diet to a more plant-based diet. Good job!

Here are the recipes for the menu in my previous post. None of the recipes are mine. I hope that doesn't disappoint you. I'm more of a recipe gatherer and vegetarian cuisine researcher and a foodie, than a cookbook/recipe writer/inventor.

1. Winter Fruit Salad w/ Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - recipe from Allrecipes

My changes: not as much sugar and swap the cashews with pecans; only pears, no apples (because we're having apple pie!)

2. Curried Maple Butternut Squash Soup - I will have to go home and type up the recipe for this. The recipe is from Creating Comfort published by the Genesis Women's Shelter. Loaded with recipes which have been passed on for generations. This is a great cookbook that should get more attention!

No changes here

3. Lentil Loaf - Trying this one for the first time. I tasted one at a vegetarian restaurant near Hollywood, CA and I thought it was delicious. I found a few recipes, but I'm going to go with the one from Whole Foods.

4. Veggie Shepherd's Pie - This recipe is from the food network and her recipe is pretty spot on!

My changes: Make this in a crockpot somehow - I'd like to free my oven for other things. No porcini mushrooms. I'll let you know how the crockpot works out!

5. Cheddar-Chipotle Biscuits - Had this at a Stephen Pyles restaurant here in Dallas once (business dinner) and have always wanted to try it. I'll make regular biscuits (for 12) and go a little heavy on the cheese and add 2 minced chipotle peppers in the batter. Of course I am not saying it will turn out like his version...!

6. Roasted Brussel Sprouts - recipe from The Cooking Photographer

7. Apple Pie with Cinnamon Crumble - Family recipe - cannot share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment! Check back soon for my reply!